These are the BEST brownies. My go-to recipe every time.
Dense, fudgy and super chocolatey. Sprinkled with flaky sea salt for an extra punch, it really highlights the rich chocolate flavor.
Salted Chocolate Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + scant handful
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt (table salt or any fine grain salt)
- flaky sea salt, to taste (use flaked salt, not kosher or rock salt)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line your pan with parchment paper
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar, stir well until dissolved
- Add your eggs and vanilla, stirring until smooth and blended
- Add chocolate chips, flour and salt. Stir until well blended and thick
- Pour into pan and place in oven. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and generously with flaky sea salt
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (toothpick inserted should come out clean)
- Remove and cool for 20+ minutes